Tuesday, July 05, 2005

lyd's 1st day at school

ahh.. 1st day of uni life.
..-040705-..
not too bad la i must say. haa!

feels a bit old. but i'm glad i've made progress.
always thot i was not the study sort.
err.. i must admit a part of me still feels dat way.
my 1st subject of my 1st day at sch was quite a scare already.
but i must thank my lcuky stars i got alex.

he's real smart. tink i must really listen to what my professor says.
do alot of self-reading & self-assessment to chk on ur individual progress.
now in uni life, it's called no hand-outs. no cute ppt slides wif details.
everything is D.I.Y... Dr Peter Burrows mentioned that we shud use not only our main text but possibly all 20 over text book references that he listed in our course guide.
wow i'm baffled.
how in the world am i gonna read 20 over text books?!

i have to strategize man. soon. now even perhaps. effectively each sem only lasts 3mths. all my datelines will happen in august. cramped up i mite add.
shucks.
i reckon my whole 3mths will be nthg but studying & reading!
jus when i thot i cud get myself a part-time job or smthg.
doesnt seem to be the case rite now.
esp not when 3hrs of my everyday life is spent on travelling to and frm sch.
3hrs of class/lecture and dat's it.
6hrs jus like dat. say abt 6-7 hrs of slp. dat leaves me wif 11hrs of everything else. which doesnt sound too bad to me at dis pt in time...
but i'm jus wonderin how it'll all unfold.

i'll stay positive dat's for sure.
i jus know dat my social life wud b pretty affected by dis change in schedule of my life.

No comments: